Pierre “Pig’s Eye” Parrant – One of the First St. Paul Settlers

 According to “A History of the City of Saint Paul” By John Fletcher Williams (published in 1847) one of the first European settlements in the St. Paul, MN area was located at Fountain Cave, alongside the Mississippi River (not far from where current day Shepard Road and Randolph Ave intersect).  Pierre “Pig’s Eye” Parrant, a retired fur trader and person of dubious […]